Saturday, June 16, 2012

a fool’s dream


SFX: "...Yes, non-union or whatever, and I just asked them how much they paid. And it was more than I was getting paid at three other jobs in a week, and I went, “Are you kidding? Awesome!” The grips hid a rubber chicken in every shot; I mean, it was that kind of movie (laughs). But it was so much fun and it was a nice compliment to sitting at home alone and drawing. And I could make money. At first I knew I wasn’t very good but I also knew I could learn. So I went to an acting class and learnt all I could and then I started trying to get myself an agent, which was tough...Not so easy, really. I went through a couple of hard years with strikes and a couple of tough series. At one point the business was hard for me and I thought, “Man, I don’t want to do this anymore…That was before True Blood. It was a few years ago during the strikes and also I had two series that just didn’t go how I wanted them to go. It was so depressing and it’s hard sometimes. When people say to me, “I want to be an actor, what’s your advice?” I always say “Is there anything else you really love? If there is, I would recommend that because acting is not what you think it is.” It’s not the red carpet and it’s not the hit show. It’s like marriage. People want to get married and they think of the dress and the party, the soul mate. No, it comes down to the minute of the day...Yes it is and if you think it’s all glamour and parties that’s a fool’s dream. I wanted to be a rock star, but I couldn’t sit there and learn these frickin’ chords. Then you don’t want to be a rock star, you want that idea of being a rock star. And that’s not it. So acting is something that I seem to be able to do: I can handle auditioning, I can handle rejection, mostly, (laughs) and then, I like being on the set – I like those days..." (True Blood Interview: Kristin Bauer)


Kristin Bauer van Straten (born Kristin Neubauer) is an American film and television actress, perhaps best known for her role as vampire Pam in the HBO series True Blood. In 2011 Kristin teamed with the Animal Legal Defense Fund in the fight to free Tony, a 10-year-old Siberian-Bengal tiger who has spent every day and night of the last decade at the Tiger Truck Stop in Grosse Tete, Louisiana (Wikipedia).

True Blood is an American television comedy drama series created and produced by Alan Ball. It is based on The Southern Vampire Mysteries series of novels by Charlaine Harris, and details the co-existence of vampires and humans in Bon Temps, a fictional, small town in the state of Louisiana. The series centers on Sookie Stackhouse (played by actress Anna Paquin), a telepathic waitress at a bar, who falls in love with vampire Bill Compton (Stephen Moyer). The show is broadcast on the premium cable network HBO in the United States. It is produced by HBO in association with Ball's production company, Your Face Goes Here Entertainment. It premiered on September 7, 2008. The series has received critical acclaim and won several awards, including one Golden Globe and an Emmy. The show's second 12-episode season had its premiere on June 14, 2009 and the third season on June 13, 2010. On June 21, 2010, HBO renewed True Blood for a fourth season (Wikipedia).

RELATED READING:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Bullying is an abusive treatment, the use of force or coercion to affect others, particularly when habitual and involving an imbalance of power. It may involve verbal harassment, physical assault or coercion and may be directed persistently towards particular victims, perhaps on grounds of race, religion, gender, sexuality, or ability. The "imbalance of power" may be social power and/or physical power. The victim of bullying is sometimes referred to as a "targeted individual" (Wikipedia).