Tuesday, February 21, 2012

emphathy and acceptance


Radar Online: Although I was born in Alabama, I have no memory of it. I grew up all over America. I moved every two years of my life so I'm not really from anywhere. As I always say, I'm a little bit country, a little bit rock n roll. Being the new kid, especially the new kid with the effed up name no one could pronounce, I was mocked by many and I empathize with people of all ages who are struggling with accepting themselves. I participated in the "It Gets Better - Broadway" campaign (EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW: CSI Star Gerald McCullouch -- A Rebel With A Cause).

Gerald McCullouch (born March 30, 1967) is an American award-winning actor, director, screenwriter, and singer. McCullouch is best known for currently playing Bobby Dawson on the CBS television series CSI: Crime Scene Investigation. In January 2009, McCullough was on the New York City subway when a man attempted to steal his laptop; McCullough, a trained boxer, successfully fought him off, even when the thief attempted to stab him with a kitchen knife. The thief was arrested by New York City police officers. McCullough is openly gay and has directed and starred in several gay-themed productions (Wikipedia: Gerald McCullouch).

RELATED READING:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Bullying is an abusive treatment, the use of force or coercion to affect others, particularly when habitual and involving an imbalance of power. It may involve verbal harassment, physical assault or coercion and may be directed persistently towards particular victims, perhaps on grounds of race, religion, gender, sexuality, or ability. The "imbalance of power" may be social power and/or physical power. The victim of bullying is sometimes referred to as a "targeted individual" (Wikipedia).