Friday, February 3, 2012

what goes around


MOB: Have you heard of Plug In Stereo? In an industry where everyone is trying the latest and greatest with production, it’s a breath of fresh air to see someone playing an acoustic guitar and singing indie pop music that isn’t being pushed for the tween age. We were lucky to catch up with Trevor Dahl, who is Plug In Stereo while on a tour stop in Baltimore where he recorded this anti bullying PSA for us (Trevor Dahl of Plug In Stereo Speaks Up About Bullying).

Inspirations for writing lyrics: "There’s this one song called What Goes Around. It’s all about negative people who are always trying to bring you down – especially with what I’m doing. It’s specifically about this one guy – he called me up when he was drunk. I used to be friends with him, and then he called me up and he hate on everything about me – from my family to my music – everything! That night, I was like, “You know, fuck you! I’m pissed off!” So I wrote a song about it. And then another song that really meant a lot to me – my best friend’s Mom passed away a little while ago, so I wrote a lot about that. It’s not about me – it sounds like it’s about me, but I wrote it through his perspective. It’s definitely deep and it was pretty sad and hard to record, but it meant a lot to me. It’s called Thursday." (Meet Trevor Dahl of Plug In Stereo)


Trevor Dahl aka Plug In Stereo, 17 years old, is looking to follow in the footsteps of Never Shout Never and The Ready Set with sweet, sophisticated teen pop created by a young musician who writes, sings, and plays multiple instruments. Among his key influences are John Mayer, The Shins, Jason Mraz, Bob Marley and Taylor Swift. Plug In Stereo is currently performing with The Scene Aesthetic, He Is We, and Carter Hulsey in the Love Is All Around Us concert tour. He will be joining the Ready Set on the Glamour Kills tour in late March. A first album from Plug In Stereo titled Nothing To Something is set to hit stores April 12, 2011. Trevor Dahl says about his goals, "Right now, the only thing I want in life is for people to hear my music. I grew up playing in bands, but was tired of the fake, closed-minded attitudes that a lot of kids my age shared. I always had my solo/acoustic music on the side, so as I got older, my style and sound changed to a more honest and organic approach." For now check out music from Plug In Stereo below particularly the current single "Oh Darling" featuring fellow upcoming artist Cady Groves (Artist In the Wings - Plug In Stereo).

RELATED READING:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Bullying is an abusive treatment, the use of force or coercion to affect others, particularly when habitual and involving an imbalance of power. It may involve verbal harassment, physical assault or coercion and may be directed persistently towards particular victims, perhaps on grounds of race, religion, gender, sexuality, or ability. The "imbalance of power" may be social power and/or physical power. The victim of bullying is sometimes referred to as a "targeted individual" (Wikipedia).