Tuesday, July 10, 2012

You make mistakes and learn from them.


Mirror: "...at 19, the X Factor wannabe known as Misha B says she was shocked and hurt on Saturday’s show when she was branded a bully in front of millions of viewers. Rather than talking about her powerful rendition of Prince’s hit Purple Rain, judge Tulisa took a swipe at her backstage attitude, accusing her of “being so feisty you can come off quite mean to other contestants”. And Louis Walsh chipped in, claiming one of his acts had even complained about being bullied by her. But Misha hit back last night, ­slamming the comments as “unfair” and saying she had been on her best behaviour during the series...At school I was bullied – and I did bully people myself, but I am a different person now. “When I was younger, the stuff that I had to deal with was tough. You make mistakes and learn from them. I got into arguments and I used to get called to see the headteacher. I got into situations where there was a lack of communication and a lack of understanding. Sometimes I would get sent home just to take time out. At any age you get into conflicts.” Misha – who was defended by her own mentor Kelly Rowland as “humble and excited to be here” – insisted she has never bullied anyone on the show. And the singer vowed: ­“Saturday’s experience will make me stronger. I really looked up to Tulisa and the way she has goes on about girl power, but I feel the situation could have been dealt with a lot better. “Being called an X Factor bully on national TV was not fair. I know I am not a bad person. Tulisa hurt my feelings because there’s always two sides to the story..." (X Factor's Misha B admits: "I was a playground bully")


Misha Bryan from Manchester won rave reviews from the judges on The X Factor after her confident performance of Aretha Franklin's Respect. Misha Bryan, 19, got a standing ovation from the audience and a hug from judge Kelly Rowland after her unique combination of huge notes and rapping (mishabryansite).


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Bullying is an abusive treatment, the use of force or coercion to affect others, particularly when habitual and involving an imbalance of power. It may involve verbal harassment, physical assault or coercion and may be directed persistently towards particular victims, perhaps on grounds of race, religion, gender, sexuality, or ability. The "imbalance of power" may be social power and/or physical power. The victim of bullying is sometimes referred to as a "targeted individual" (Wikipedia).