Tuesday, November 22, 2011

gum in my hat


JustJared: “I’ve always been a huge advocate against bullying because I myself was actually a target all through elementary school I was tormented every day. Not physically but verbally and actually when I was in the 6th grade, we still don’t know who to this day because it was anonymous, but people kept putting gum in my hat – chewed gum. So when I put it on it would get stuck in my hair and they would put it in my boot and I would have to buy new boots because it would get stuck to my sock. I had to go to school everyday living in suspicion of everyone in my class and I was very very very lucky to have a great support system.” Her advice to others getting bullied: “I learned that you have to know who you are even if you’re unsure of it. You can’t doubt yourself you just have to have confidence and I know that’s easier said then done trust me I know that but you just have to keep your head held high even if you don’t believe it because soon enough you will. I would just say you have to treat it like water off a ducks back and know that all they’re looking for is a reaction and if you don’t give it to them then it will stop.” Nikki Yanofsky Speaks Out About Bullies

Nicole "Nikki" Yanofsky (born February 8, 1994) is a Canadian jazz-pop singer from Hampstead, Quebec. She is involved in charitable causes and has released her first studio album on her own label, A440 Entertainment, and on Decca Records outside of Canada. Yanofsky sang Canada's national anthem at the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver. She also performed during the closing ceremonies and the Paralympic opening ceremony (Wikipedia).


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Bullying is an abusive treatment, the use of force or coercion to affect others, particularly when habitual and involving an imbalance of power. It may involve verbal harassment, physical assault or coercion and may be directed persistently towards particular victims, perhaps on grounds of race, religion, gender, sexuality, or ability. The "imbalance of power" may be social power and/or physical power. The victim of bullying is sometimes referred to as a "targeted individual" (Wikipedia).