Sunday, March 11, 2012

life is about observing people and understanding things and nature


The charming Paul Wesley attended the Trevor Live event happened last night. Ian was there, too, but there are no pics or clips of him (yet). The Trevor Project is “the leading national organization focused on crisis and suicide prevention efforts among lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) youth” - Vampire Diaries Source.

Chicago Tribune: "But I'm glad. I'm glad I didn't conform to the system of the school. I'm a law-abiding citizen now. I haven't brought it to the soundstage," he grins. The first altercation happened at a Catholic boys school. "It was with a bunch of jock-y, racist kids. I thought, 'This is an expensive school. My parents paid a lot of money.' And I got into a fight every day. It was just like this weird atmosphere. "And they finally kicked me out, and I was really depressed about it. And then later it dawned upon me that, thank God, I didn't fit in with those kids because I don't want to be anything like those kids. So that's when I realized it was OK to sort of do my own thing. That's kind of like when I found a safe haven in acting. I think it may have been a catalyst." Wesley, now 27, earned his diploma, but schooling was always secondary to his acting career, which materialized when he was 16. "I got forced to do a school play when I was in the third grade because we all had to. They put me in a 'Phantom' mask, and I was miserable at first. But then I kind of fell in love with it and ended up being, I guess, according to the teacher, pretty good at it," he says. That teacher cast him in every play at elementary school. "No matter how academic I was, no matter how much my father stressed studies, I always gravitated toward the arts because to me -- you can read as many textbooks as you like -- but to me life is about observing people and understanding things and nature. And art to me captures all that. It's just invaluable, and I can't imagine doing anything else." (The 'good' vampire was a teenage bad boy).

L A Times Blogs: Holden Caulfield (character he'd like to play). "Catcher in the Rye" changed my life when I was a kid. I read it as I was a boy turning into a man, and I was so fascinated by the values. I believe in it. Of course, I'll never play him because J.D. Salinger will never allow anyone to play him. To be honest with you, if I were offered the part, I might be too terrified to accept. But in my perfect world, that's who I would play (Paul Wesley on his 'Vampire Diaries' character's addiction and more).


Paul Thomas Wasilewski (born July 23, 1982), known professionally as Paul Wesley, is an American actor, best known for his roles as Stefan Salvatore in The CW TV series The Vampire Diaries and as Aaron Corbett in the ABC Family miniseries Fallen. He has had a number of roles on shows such as 24, 8 Simple Rules, American Dreams, Army Wives, Cane, Everwood, Guiding Light, Smallville, The O.C. and Wolf Lake. He also starred opposite Amber Tamblyn in CBS' The Russell Girl and had the lead role in Fallen miniseries. Wesley is currently starring as vampire Stefan Salvatore in The Vampire Diaries which premiered September 2009 on The CW (Wikipedia).

RELATED READING:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Search This Blog

Bullying is an abusive treatment, the use of force or coercion to affect others, particularly when habitual and involving an imbalance of power. It may involve verbal harassment, physical assault or coercion and may be directed persistently towards particular victims, perhaps on grounds of race, religion, gender, sexuality, or ability. The "imbalance of power" may be social power and/or physical power. The victim of bullying is sometimes referred to as a "targeted individual" (Wikipedia).